I have been MIA! It seems that I have been extra busy this week.
I have had an exciting week. I finally found and purchased a new dining table. I have been looking at tables for the past 3-4 years. Yes, I realize that most people make a decision faster than this. I am still working on my procrastination problem. Back to the table--I love it! It was delivered on Tuesday. I waited for the delivery with great trepidation. I am well known for my ability to love something at the showroom and then once it is brought into my house I hate it. I have sent not one but two SETS of living room furniture back. So, my sweet hubby would not even look with me. He told me to do it by myself! When I told him I found the table he told me he wouldn't hold his breath! I asked him to take the old table apart so there was more room. He told me "I better wait to make sure I was going to keep the table because WHEN I sent it back we wouldn't have anywhere to sit to eat dinner!"
Well, the table IS Not going back! I Love IT! It is a huge change from our tiny little table. We did not all fit around this table. Yes we could put six plates but that was it! There was not enough room to put the food! It was also a really light table. Pale pine on top with white legs.
My new table is HUGE! It can seat EIGHT! I bought eight chairs because there are already six of us. If we have anyone over to eat there would need to be more chairs.
2 comments:
Hi Rosie, I knew I was forgetting to put a blog in my favorites when I hooked up the new computer....yours.
Love the table. I really like those square ones that sit two people to a side. Nice choice. And good for you with all your cleaning and organizing. I've been doing the same although I have precious little to show for it.
Thanks for commenting on my blog re; Anne of Green Gables. My 11 yo and I are excited to dive into the rest of the books. She was ecstatic when I told her they had them all at the library.
It's beautiful! I would never have room for a square table like that although I would love it. I have a small table that we bought when we were first married. Some day I'll start shopping for a new one. Some day...
We did go shopping for a new van today though! Not that it means we will be buying one because it took us three years to decide on our last one.
Post a Comment