Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sledding at "Boys Town"

Sledding at Grandma Dalley's house is always a blast! This year we headed out to the Sand Dunes to hit the big hills. As we approached the sledding hill I noticed the snow drifts forming. We all piled out of the car and realized that the famous Idaho wind had started to howl. Mitch and Zack made it up one time and we all got back in the car before we died of exposure!!

We decided to go back to "Boy's town" and see if we had better luck there.

It was fun to watch the kids get more and more brave. Little Caden was very very nervous. Betsy is such a good Mom and started going down the hill to show him it was okay. I got to use my new zoom lens and take pictures--until my fingers were about frozen!!

While we were there another family came to sled-as they were getting out of the car I realized that it was my cousin Kassie and her little kids! Emily and Samantha had a ball sledding together.

Mitch and Zack kept trying to make trains but seemed to crash every time. Justin was a little die hard! He climbed up that hill over and over. He kept turning backwards on the saucer so he never knew when he was going to hit the little jump--and then fly and crash! He got up laughing every single time!






















We are always trying to get good family shots. This is the first year with baby Bentley. Weird to think that sweet baby Christa is a Momma. He is such a sweet little tiny thing!


The LeCheminant's
Christa, James, and Baby Bentley


The Carrigan family wasn't too excited about their family shot. Justin was nowhere to be found-at least not willing to stand for a picture!!















1 comment:

Crystal Farish said...

Oh these pictures make me long for a snow day. Notice I said "day" Can't stand it for much longer than that. :)

You are going to laugh tomorrow when you read my post -- I wrote it last night. It's about you and the word of the year deliberations. Funny that you would email me about that today.

Hope all is well!!!! I'm proud of you for reducing the laundry mountain.