Friday, February 03, 2012

Sweet angel boy

Justin is our bonus baby. We struggled getting our babies here. After using medication for our first two, I said never again. We were delighted when we were surprised with Emily. Surprised is not a big enough word for our reaction when we found out we were expecting Justin!

There are almost five years between Justin and Emily. That is a long time in kid years. Because of this large gap all the children really have enjoyed having a little person around. They just seem to get how sweet little people are.

This little boy is home sick today. 101.3 fever. Poor monkey!

I am so grateful that he is in our home and is still little. He is still so open and caring. Every morning I go into his room to wake him and with his eyes still closed he reaches up and wraps his arms around my neck. He just holds me there for awhile. It is in moments like that that I have glimpses of Heaven. A small feeling of how our Heavenly Father loves us. He reaches to comfort us, we just need to be still enough to feel his arms around us.

I am often frustrated by the large spacing of my children. They are all so far apart that none of them are ever in the same developmental stage. They all have a hard time relating to each other, forgetting that they could have ever acted "that" way. However, I am so glad that our family was blessed with a second bonus baby. It is such a blessing to have a little one in the house that helps us all to be a little closer to heaven. We need the reminder.

No comments: