Monday, July 02, 2012

Ragnar 2012

Wasatch Back Ragnar
June 14-15, 2012
  This was our half of the team! We started in the tiny town of Liberty-I am sure the population was quadrupled!   I was the first runner in our van to start!  I was nervous waiting, not knowing what to expect! 
 Kobyn Bond, Jeremy Lucas, Tina Spens, Rose Carrigan, Landon Casper, Ashley Carrigan and Dave Carrigan in the back!



This is Ashley passing off the braclet after her last leg.  It was a hot, hot afternoon. 



Ashley made me a special reflective vest because I was nervous about my night run!  She didn't want me to be scared!  My night run was actually my favorite of the three runs.  It was the hardest difficulty wise--it was a steep hill for more than three miles!  However, it was cooler. Towards the end Dave told me there was a half mile left, then a minute later I saw the one mile further marker-I could have died!  It was actually a half mile further than the map had stated!


The only tatoo that I will ever have-one that washes off!


It was fun running this race with Ashley.  She was the runner after me so I handed the braclet off to her each time.   She got sick in the night after her second run.  I was glad that she started to feel better and was able to run her last leg with no major problems.  She did have very sore feet!


Dave was our van driver!  He was super! A good thing that he was driving and knew where in the world we were going!  When we started he told us under no uncertain terms that "next year, I am hauling hay".   By seven that night he was already planning how to decorated the suburban!


We had an awesome team! 


This is the mess in our dining room AFTER Ragnar!  Unfortunately, it got even worse when I started to find all the messes that the kids made while we were gone!!


Raganar was a strange experience.  Parts of it were really awful, like the running!  However, being with a group surrounded by thousands of other crazy people made it all bearable!   The energy in the air was thick with excitement.   We had a few mishaps in the night, Landon got really sick on his run so Jeremy took over.  Then Ashley got sick.  During the time they were sick, we realized Jeremy didn't have the bracelet to pass through the exchange!  So, we had to wait for him before the exchange.  Then we realized poor Kobyn wasn't awake! I awoke him from the dead to go run in the middle of the night!  I felt like a horrible mother!  He survived!
Everyone got feeling better for the last runs and totally did awesome!   I am by far the slowest runner on the team.  We had five young teenage boys that were amazing to watch run.  The last legs are brutal!  They are up Gaurdsmen Pass from Heber City into Park City.  It is straight up hill and then straight down!   Our three boys totally flew up and down! 

Out of 1098 teams our Kobyn ran the "Ragnar Hill" 17th overall!  That is amazing!

I am glad that I got to do this.  Jeff signed the team up again! So, maybe this year I can figure out how to run faster than a snail!


No comments: