Friday, September 14, 2007

Still Working


My friend Lara wrote that it is difficult to always be changing, adding new habits constantly. I totally agree with her. I have tried to keep going with this new habit idea. Well, I too have had some success and some, well less than successful moments.


Isn't that what life is truly about? Continually improving. The only thing that we take with us in this life is the knowledge that we attain. We can't take the clean house, the car, etc. with us. However, the knowledge we gained from trying to stretch and learn will be with us through the eternities.


Last week I said that I wanted to be more complimentary of my children when they are kind. I am going to stick with this habit. We have had a pretty good week but there is still so much I need to improve on in this area. It is so easy to just not REALLY pay attention when they are being kind or helpful. We are just so glad that they aren't fighting that we just go with it. However, I firmly believe that we all need to have people notice the kind,good things we do. So,I am going to continue to try and be more aware of the wonderful beings that my children are. I also hope to find a way to celebrate it. I talked about "love notes" or something but I didn't do it. I know that with my #3 seven year old, she would just love the notes. She is also the one that I truly have to notice when she is kind because she can be such a difficult little pill. Morning is still rough. Working on a new routine with her.




If you would like to improve your life go over to Lara's place and join Smart Habit Saturday. It has helped me to at least be more aware of the changes I want in my life. It also provides a forum to talk about success and a place to hopefully be inspired!

1 comment:

Lara said...

You are so right! It's not the clean house that matters. It's the people we become by learning how to keep our homes clean!