I am reposting an entry from back in January. I was looking for this because it is something that I really believe. I want these sentiments to be part of my life. The way I look at everything that I do for my family. They are a blessing-every single day. I want to get to where I feel this way every single day!
Perspective
I was reading Nitty.Gritty.com blog. She has had many trials in her young life. She made a statement that I have thought almost word for word many times."The perspective that guides/shapes my parenting is this- When you begin to see the day to day as a delight, rather than a drudgery... When serving my children is seen as a privilege rather than a chore... Knowing that my actions are, slowly and through repetition, shaping them for the rest of their lives... then it becomes a task of enormous and lasting consequence. It becomes a 'higher calling' and the reality sinks in that demanding my best, giving it my all, and expressing love in everything I do, is the least I can offer to those who mean the most to me." Those are my sentiments exactly. Now to be able to do this. To look past the messes and be grateful that they are healthy enough to make them. To be grateful that I am able to have them. Grateful and blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment