My first born child came in tonight while I was downloading pictures for our 365 picture album. She asked why #2,3,4 were always on the blog but she never was. I told her that she wasn't on the blog because she is never home! She said, "I am too". I replied, "No, you sleep, shower and use itunes here."
So-in honor of my first born darling daughter this post is for her!
Sunday night MissA comes into the office. "Mom, can I make cookie dough?" Notice that she didn't ask if she could make cookies. We don't really like the cookies as much as we like the dough. Made with real--RAW eggs! Eewh, I know. Yes we realize that 1 in 10,000 eggs carries salmonella and we could get really sick. Does this phase us? Not one tiny bit. We love cookie dough.
On this night MissA decided to be artistic---"Mom! Mom! come and take a picture! They are so cute!"
When one of my children uses the phrase "come and take a picture" I just beam inside because I think that they get my crazy obsession with photos.
So, in the kitchen I went. MissA had made beautiful cookies, with a darling little chip on the top. It made me realize that I have never, ever made chocolate chip cookies with a large chip on the top-like most good homemaking mother's would have done. My 15 year old daughter had to figure this out on her own with the tiny little chips that we dug out of the hiding spot.
Perhaps I should buy some big chips-Kisses or Guittard-- so that we can make some treats to give to the neighbors--they have lived across the street for a little over a year and they still seem to like us.
1 comment:
You must be really busy. It's been a week and no new updates! Those cookies sure look good.
Post a Comment