Have you ever known something is true but you keep lying to yourself, telling yourself that it isn't really that bad?
Well, today a picture was taken. It's THAT BAD! The picture was taken in honor of my 365 challenge. Something that represents a snippet of life in this household.
The picture taken was of me-folding the mounds and mounds of laundry that have been suffocating me for --well--ever. The lying to myself part is not that I am a terrible housekeeper and can't keep up on my laundry-that is a given and accepted fact. Ask any member of this family! The part that I have been lying to myself about is that I have gained some weight but I am still smaller than I was a couple of years ago because I have been exercising--the whole muscle weighs more than fat concept.
There is an old saying that a picture is worth a thousand words---well---this one picture spoke volumes!
I am fatter than I have been in FOUR years. The only reason that I can wear a smaller pants size is because they are the only pants I have and I am pouring myself into them.
I am trying to decide if I am going to post this picture-it is embarrassing. Terribly embarrassing. Perhaps actually having a record of it will help me to correct myself. It is a new year and new years are full of new intentions and new resolutions. I haven't really made myself a detailed list of the improvements I want to make in my life, however, I know that my health is one of them.
I throw out the term My Health lightly. I like to try and act like the reason that I try to occasionally eat healthy is not because I am on a diet but because I want to live a healthy lifestyle. Well, sometimes, once again, I am lying. It is because I hate being fat. I want to look good in a pair of jeans, I want to feel good in my own skin and not feel like I have a 14 cup of flour dough ball for a belly!
Sometimes a wake up call is painful.
2 comments:
OK, don't be so hard on yourself! This photo is definately not flattering. The way you are sitting does not give an accurate depiction. I think you are beautiful and accomplish many amazing things...the ones that really matter. Love you!
Okay, I'll help you if you want, sometimes it makes it more real if you're accountable to someone. Take it slow and just give up one thing at a time. (ie.soda, white bread) You can do it. Exercise is great but if you don't change what you eat you will only maintain what you already have.
I know you can do this!
Post a Comment