Wednesday, May 05, 2010

BYU Women's Conference

Lots of things going on around here.

Last week I had the opportunity to go to BYU Women's Conference. It was two days of classes/talks about varying topics.

I was fed. In fact I was fed so much that I am now really trying to grasp some of what I was taught. It is interesting how that works.

Sister Julie B. Beck(LDS general Relief Society President) gave a stirring talk about motherhood. She was fabulous! Funny tidbit-we had a regional broadcast Stake conference on Sunday and she gave the same talk---it was fabulous both times! I think that it was even more profound the second time because I got even more understanding.

We listened to talks about delegating, humanitarian projects, family bonds, motherhood, being the Lionness' at the Gate of our homes-protecting all that we are entrusted with--how to just forget about who's responsibility it is and just get to work.

Now to try and incorporate these things-in more tangible ways. That is always the struggle, to really try and do what we KNOW is right--just because it is right-not always easy!

We also had some fabulous evening entertainment. I have found some new music that is so wonderful. Hillary Weeks, Daniel Beck, Alex Boye and Dallyn Bayles, Mercy River and the always popular Micahel McLean. If you need some new inspiring music look up their names! Deseret Book online would have all of them. We were also pleasantly surprised to have The Fab Five dancers from Americas Got Talent! It was so fun to have our home town girls perform at such a big venue--and quite an honor for them!

No comments: