Quite a few weeks ago-maybe even six weeks ago, I started a list. This is a list that really is on going. I write one quite often. This list consists of most of the chaos ridden spots in my house. Places like closets, cupboards, etc. I started on the garage shoe spot. That project took three weeks to finish. I am happy to report that we are sporting a new shoe cupboard. I will hold off on deciding if it is a success-as it took me nine years to call the other method a complete and total failure.
However, I did cross it off "the list".
This is my latest project off of "the list" My pantry. I have a very large walk in pantry. It really is a lovely pantry. The problem is that it is a very large pantry. It serves dual purposes. It is not only the food pantry it is also the broom closet, the kitchen office, and over all catch all for anything that doesn't want to be properly put away!
I have been working on organizing this pantry for the last three years. I have made progress. I have labeled baskets for food that actually mostly work. I have drawers for pencils, crayons, phone books etc. that have actually been working for 8 1/2 years! The problem is that there is still space that is not designated with a very specific purpose. What ends up in this space? Anything! Mostly art projects and such that I want to save. I have a room in my basement that I have drawers for each of my children. The problem is that my children bring me treasures every single day. Usually I put the art on the bulletin board so that we can enjoy them. Then I decide to clean it off but I don't actually take the thirty two seconds to run it to their drawer in the basement.
So--my very large dining room table and counter is covered with stuff from TWO SHELVES!! Two! I am sorting, purging and will be photographing the artwork. I am also considering new containers. I have realized that my family(and me) do better with closed drawers. This way the only things that gets put into these drawers are the things that are labeled. I will be visiting the store in a day or two to purchase some plastic drawers. Baskets with lids work on things that are used infrequently, such as extra school supplies or recipes. But for the rest I must have drawers-that way, I wont just pile!!! I am also thinking about a label maker.
Hopefully, there will be great success to share soon!!!
2 comments:
Hey You! Just wanted you to know I have been checking in. Someday...soon. I will catch up on my blog. Someday. Love the new background on yours. Thanks for enduring with your blogging and your "lost". Love YA!
That's supposted to say "list", not "lost"!!!
Post a Comment