Trying to Focus and Finish is harder for me than it sounds. I get sidetracked with so many things that need done and so many things that don't NEED done! I get frustrated that I can't seem to motivate my children to use the laundry baskets or to pick up a towel. I can't even motivate them to move sometimes! I worry that they will grow up and not be functional citizens because they fight constantly and don't ever seem to find a need to do--well anything that looks like work!
When I look around at my house I often feel like a total failure. I see all the walls that need dusted, spackled and repainted. I see the tree that I have forgotten to water for three months with it's sad, droopy leaves falling off. I see my messy bulletin board that needs emptied. I see my yucky tile grout that has gone dark in some places. I see the picture frames that I bought two years ago, still empty and not on the wall. I see the wedding present--from September-still not delivered.
I look and see some mess or problem in every corner of my life.
Sometimes it really depresses me. I feel less than capable. I feel like a sloucher. I feel less than.
I am trying to not let that wave of thought overtake my life. I realize that lots of the messes that I deal with are just that "life". I am not the only one that deals with them. I am not alone with the frustration of raising children. I am not that picked on. In reality I know this. Most days. Some days it really is overwhelming, however.
I recently read a darling post by a gal that seemed to resonate with me. She has similar feelings of inadequacy and frustration. However, on this particular day she decided to write down little things that she is thankful for. Not just the big huge things like a house, job and food. She wrote about little details that in a few years will be lost in the crevices of her mind.
I decided that I need to do this as well.
Check out Shawnee's post here.
No comments:
Post a Comment