Thursday, January 06, 2011

In the glow


One of my favorite parts of Christmas is the tree lit up in the dark! This year our little tree greeted me every morning at 4:30 am on my way to the gym. I would look at it and enjoy those little glowing lights.

As another Christmas and year fade into the recesses of memory I hope that I can remember those sweet moments of the season. It seems that some years are harder than others for varying reasons. 2010 seemed to be one of those years. However, there were blessings. There were moments of joy. One fact that I am grateful for is my knowledge of my Savior. Christmas gets really crazy with four children. It is easy to get wrapped up in the chaos. In those quiet moments in the glow of our little tree I am glad I have this knowledge.

1 comment:

Crystal Farish said...

It's my favorite part of Christmas. Sitting in the dark looking at the lights on the tree.

I'm so with you on the word of the year "Do Laundry" . . . hilarious!!! We have to go to lunch when I come up this summer. This is the year friend!!!