Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Our "Polar Express Trip!"

At the beginning of December we went to Heber, Utah and took a train ride on the "North Pole Express!" It was such a fun night. We knew that we needed to go this year or Emily would be too big to love it. Justin was so excited!


One of Justin's favorite things to do in the whole world is sit next to his Daddy!

Justin and Em were all dressed in their jamma's---Justin even had on his robe--with no hole in his pocket-we checked!






As we headed toward the North Pole Justin watched out the window. We looked and looked for the reindeer. As we came around the lake it wasn't frozen over. Which explained why we were not driving ON the ice. Justin noticed the lights far off in the distance. He told me, "Mom, that is the Elf Village over there". I just started to tear up.


After the children were given hot chocolate and a cookie a special surprise--Mrs. Claus! She came by and spoke to all the children. She told them how proud Santa was of them for being such wonderful children.

Then we passed the North Pole! Santa was there waving. Santa then got on the train and came and visited with every single child. He gave them a special little gift-a little wooden top! Emily wasn't feeling well at this point so she didn't sit on his lap.
Justin asked Santa for some Star Wars legos!


After Santa left we sang Christmas Carols. I had one of those "Mother Moments" when I could hardly contain my emotions. As I tried to sing the songs I kept looking at these two little ones and just felt such love for them. I am so glad that we got to go and have this experience with them. The sheer joy and excitement that they felt could almost be touched. I know that they will treasure this experience forever. I know that I will!



We got silver bells for all the children so that they could always remember to "Believe."



1 comment:

Doug and Michele said...

I love those moments that I just can't hold it in! I remember those when the laundry is out of control :) I am glad you had such a good time!