Saturday, April 30, 2011

Little Sahara Sanddunes-April



We went to the Sanddunes (Little Sahara in Utah)at the beginning of April.



We went with some friends who all have kids who love to ride dirt bikes. Mitch and Justin had a ball! Me--I about froze to death! I am not a cold weather lover! I kept trying to go out and visit around the fire and I just couldn't do it! When there is a heater inside I just struggle wanting to go outside!!!

Our friend Kathy brought a little 50 dirt bike. Justin was in heaven. He rode and rode. He crashed a few times as well! We threatened the older boys with death if they showed the little guys how to shift! We figured that they needed to learn how to ride and balance before they were allowed speed!

Mitch is a total dare devil. It scares me to death to watch him! He is on his dirt bike going up "sand mountain" like it is a walk in the park! He loves to ride! Makes me wonder where he came from! My brothers are big dirtbikers but they scare me to death!! He did have one really gnarly crash-so I was told. I am glad I didn't have to watch it-no need to fuel my fear!!!

On Saturday night it started to rain. When we got up it had snowed. We were in trouble! It was a sticky mucky mess. There was no way that we would be able to get our motorhome out until it dried out. We were with another motorhome and a big trailer. We sent all the teenagers home in the available car and stayed an extra night. Monday morning we were finally able to get out without getting the beast stuck!

(i didn't take many pictures-I will try to get some from Kathy)

No comments: