The Elementary School did an amazing program in commemoration of 9-11. The songs were very patriotic and written specifically in honor of those lost. I was right at tears the entire program.
I look at this sweet little angel man and he wasn't even born when this tragedy happened. Emily was eighteen months old. I will always remember answering the phone in our hall and Dave telling me to turn on the t.v. Planes were hitting buildings in New York City. I remember asking if this was the end of the world? I turned on the t.v. and then called my own Mom. She hadn't seen it yet.
Ten years have passed before us. Ten years since innocence was lost. In truth I know that I live in more fear than I did before. I know that the problems our economy has been facing is a result of this act ten years ago. I am not as trusting as I once was.
However, I am trying to not live my life in fear. I am trying to not let those evil men take the goodness out of my life. I am trying to stay patriotic and proud to be an American. I want my children to know that I am proud of being an American.
Our roads all shifted that day. We will never again be able to go back to the road we were on. However, it is the goal of myself and others to keep making this road a great place to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment