Monday, October 31, 2011

The Pumpkin Patch!


Saturday we headed out to Patch's Pumpkin patch! We have always picked up pumpkins for Emily and Justin. Usually from a farmers front yard where they are laid out in huge mounds. Sometimes we have picked them up at the grocery store.

This year I wanted to take them to a field where they can wander and pick their own out of thousands of choices. I remember taking Mitch and Ashley when they were really little.

These two little boys were so excited when they saw the acres and acres of pumpkins to choose from!


Little cousin Josh is starting to really hang out with us a lot. They all call him Joe! He was almost overjoyed with all the pumpkins. He really took his time selecting just the right one.




We told the kids that they had to be able to carry the pumpkin that they chose. Josh picked one but couldn't quite pick it up. He and Justin had a team effort to carry it to the cart.





Justin had no trouble carrying his pumpkin of choice.





This shot of the two of them pulling that pumpkin cart just melts my heart. I think I know what a certain Grandma is getting for Christmas!



Beautiful Miss Emily-not such a little kid anymore!





Pumpkins are just such a happy plant! That bright orange color popping out when everything else is turning dead and brown. Pumpkin orange is one of my favorite colors!


These two little boys, both little bonus babies on the end of our families. We are both pretty lucky to be able to have little people around a bit longer.



















1 comment:

Crystal Farish said...

I love visits to the pumpkin patch. We haven't gone for the longest time. Miss those days.