
(1972-my 4th birthday)
I had a birthday. September 30th. I am now 43! It looks strange to see that number but not terribly strange to be it! I am at that point in my life that I remember very vividly my parents at these ages. How am I old enough to now be there myself?
I now have a child in college, high school, middle school and elementary school. I have been married the same amount of time I was single(moving to the other side of that), I have lived in my "new house" for ten years and every wall needs painted. My Dad has been gone for 23 1/2 years. I have clothes older than some of my children. My sweet husband buys me new camera lenses and takes me to dinner.
I don't really have a hard time with birthdays. I don't really get too worked up about getting older. However, it is still a very strange reality when I look at all the experiences I have now had in my life.
Strange to remember that I was ever that little girl in the picture with the little Thumbalina doll(which I still have), with all my brothers and sister and my Daddy in the picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment