Friday, November 18, 2011

Ruby came out today !

I used my Ruby mixer today! She sits patiently on my counter. I look at her beautiful shiny red color daily. I often think I should pull her out.

Today was the day! We are having an early Thanksgiving celebration tomorrow with Dave's parents and sisters family. They are coming to our house!

In honor of our celebration, I pulled out Ruby! I made two pumpkin rolls , two pumpkin pies and a family favorite-raspberry jello!

I am excited to have our family here! We are setting our big table with a lovely tablecloth, my new white dishes ( I bought myself some new dishes! After twenty two years I thought it was about time I was able to set a pretty table!) and my new pretty goblets! We are even using real fabric napkins and lovely chargers under the plates.

I have decided that generally most of us take the easy way. We never get out the "good" dishes. We opt for paper plates. Buffet style always. I think there are times for convenience, but it feels like we never want to take the time or put in any effort to make things a little extra special.

I hope that my children will start to recognize and appreciate little traditions. Perhaps setting a pretty table will mean a little to them! I hope so!


No comments: