I have realized that in the last few years blogging has changed. When I first started this blog in 2006 it was a really new platform. It was so fun to be able to get on and share snippets of life. I would put a picture of the cinnamon rolls I made(I used to do that). Or I showed pictures of my cute kids and their not so cute messes. Then facebook rolled around. Everyone started sharing all the snippets on facebook. Then enter smartphones. It was so easy to post the tidbits to facebook with our phones.
Blogging started to drastically change. People started to have fancy smancy blogs that had advertisements and sponsors. Blogs became websites that we learn DYI skills from. The personal factor seemed to leave. I have never had much desire to have a job out of my blog.
At this time I was sucked into the facebook and texting world. Those two things seemed to be where I shared all the teeny tidbits of our lives. However, I have felt like I am shortchanging myself ever since. Last year I didn't post at all. I went through and put a holder post so that I can go back and put up a general idea about what happened in our lives in each month.
The truth is that this is the best scrapbook that my family has--of them and of me. I haven't been able to separate them-perhaps I should.
So, on this Wednesday in cold January I am going to try and start changing how I blog again. Facebook is a general waste of time. I have a few special groups that I belong to, the rest is just a colossal time waster! Also, I want a written account of my life.
As we all know, there are parts of life that will never be appropriate to share--although many people think that facebook is the place to share everything!!
I am going to start this year by admitting to a lot of failure! I have failed to keep up---on almost anything! My house is drowning in a sea of clutter and chaos. So much so that I have declared
2014 - The year of the Purge!
I have started making a list. You know the list--the one that has so much stuff on it that it feels very overwhelming. Then a few years later you find the list and realize that most of the stuff on it never got done!!
Well, I am trying! I have made my list, I am checking it twice! I have started to actually mark a few things off of that list!
It feels good! I hope that I can come and share in this space--for me and for my family--we do lots of fun stuff!
1 comment:
So interesting that you wrote this. I've been thinking about this very thing. I started a writing prompt/Instagram that has weekly prompts to write your life story -- which was the whole reason I started a blog -- to write about my family. I'm not interested in blogging for business. I'm going back to what I originally started to do. I'm writing for my family. You go girl!!!!! By the way, I'm building a creative girls retreat house in Heber! You have to come for a weekend!!
Post a Comment