Saturday, November 11, 2006

My Yummy Guy!


I had the pleasure of going to the Temple with my sweet hubby. We had a very nice session, we hadn't been for awhile so it was nice to be somewhere so calm. Sweetie was quite emotional, he feels the Spirit so strongly sometimes.
After the session we had lunch in the cafeteria and then came home. My house was a wreck. I keep wondering when it isn't a wreck! Anyway, I put the kiddos to work(not happily). We are just not that great at really making them be responsible for things. That is something that is our fault. I have to make them do things now. Mr. M is constantly telling me, "I'll do it later" well, as we all know what that means is "I don't want to do it, I will tell you I will do it later and then you will leave me alone and I won't have to do it!" Well, I am tired of that! I know for myself that it is hard to always "JUST DO IT" but, it is quicker and it gets done!!!
Okay, enough of my Momma drag!

What am I thankful for today?

I am thankful that my sweetie is still my sweetie! We have been married for 161/2 years, with 4 dating and I still just want to eat him up most days! He is a calm figure for my raging storms. He is a constant. He has the gift of listening. People have come to him for years to talk. They tell him their troubles like he is a counselor. He is just a really great guy and I am just so glad that I get to share a life with him. He is a great Daddy also! What more could I ask for? Only more time with him.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Family counsels work with my kids. Every time they start complaining about work then we have a family counsel and talk about why it's important that we take care of our things and our house. Heavenly Father gave us everything we have and we need to take care of it!

Sometimes we will have several counsels in a row and sometimes they'll go weeks without needing one. I've just learned that kids need constant reminding about why we do the things we do.

Now that Chris is home we need to get to the temple! It has been too long. I want to find someone to go with me when he's gone. Would you ever go without your husband?

Rosie said...

Yes, I would, I like to go and I just don't get there often enough. I know that I am calmer and things seem brighter when we are going more often.
I like the family counsels, we do them, but not often enough. That is the real key in life, consisitency. Consistency in reading scriptures, exercising,laundry, dishes, family counsel and everything else. We need to just continue doing a bit all the time instead of all at once or only when the fire is really big.

I agree that we have to remind them why we do things. Often they think it is because Mom said so. Not because it helps our entire family!