Monday, November 20, 2006

Thanksgiving memories

Thanksgiving is almost here! Have you already started thinking about pies and turkey? We had our family dinner on Saturday and it was nice. The food was good and the company was also. We played games and visited.

What are some of your favorite holiday memories?

I remember going to my Grandparent's house in Driggs, Idaho. They would have the big table all spread out. Many times I got to sit right next to my grandpa. I remember thinking that I was the very favorite -later I realized that he was just like that, we all felt that way! I remember the first year that we stopped going to Driggs. It was a really hard change for us. We went to an Aunt's house and it just wasn't the same. We started doing it at our house after that and have been doing there ever since. My family always goes to Idaho for Thanksgiving. It is as much a tradition for our children as Driggs was for me. My little Miss E is counting the days to when we go to grandmas house.

This year we are having my Dad's brother come. He never married and lives alone. He is homebound. I had to bully him a bit to get him to say yes. I told him we would just throw him over Dave's shoulder and bring him. I hope that he has a good time. How lonely it would be to have no one to visit.

No comments: