Any of you been dress shopping lately? Well, my sweet Hubby is taking me to a dance tonight so he suggested I get a new dress. When the hubby says "go shopping" I listen. Therein lies the problem.
I am a 39 year old mother of four. I am rather short, am blessed(or cursed) to have womanly hips. I will not wear sleeveless, low, revealing, or short clothing.
It is the Christmas season, I assumed that there would be many beautiful festive dresses to choose from.
I WAS WRONG!
I didn't find even one dress that I would even try on---not true, I did try on ONE( not a pretty sight). All other dresses were either for people that dress more bare than I do or are much more MATURE in their dressing. Where are the pretty dresses? Where are the Burgundy, Red and Green pretty dresses for the holidays? If you wear sleeves does that mean that you have to wear a blazer with absolutely NO SHAPE?
I have actually seen little girl dresses for the Holidays that were beautiful. Make a few adjustments and they would be darling---where are they if you are past a 6X?
This is the reason that my closet is not full of the newest fashions. I can't find what I like or it doesn't fit my hips!!
1 comment:
Rosie, I feel your pain. DH and I went shopping at Kohl's tonight and I found very little to try on and even a smaller amount that looked decent,(not necessarily good on me)enough to buy. I do like your red 'blouse', it's very pretty.
Post a Comment