Thursday, February 05, 2009

Sick Day

Last night my little man looked horrible. He was fevering, glassy eyed and sounded like a seal. I decided that I better call and cancel preschool for today. I don't want my child to be the one that exposes 16 other children to croup!

What a great day this has turned out to be. Just exactly what I needed. A sick boy that is not TOO sick. Just sick enough that I don't want to take him out. He just laid low all day.

What did I do you ask. DIG OUT my laundry/storage room! I know that it sounds like I am always buried. Well, I am! I am trying to simplify(isn't this such a catch term right now?) my life but right now, I am just trying to figure out what that means. So, today, I have done laundry. My 15 loads last week helped so much-unfortunately for me, I haven't done even one load since last Wednesday! So-lots of laundry and sorting as I go. It is once again time to go through everyone's clothes. They all seem to be growing constantly, I feel like I just barely went through their stuff to pull out the things that don't fit. I guess that is just part of life!

I am often curious about when and how people start having their children be responsible for their own laundry. My friend Lara has her very young children do theirs, I have other friends who have them start at 12 others 15. The truth be told, I was never totally responsible for my own laundry until I went to college. I did know how to do it. I was taught how to sort(well, thank you very much) and to not wash one shirt(sorry Mom). However, my Mom really never required me to do it. Now, I wonder if I am doing my older children a disservice if I do or if I don't? I certainly would like two less people's laundry that I am responsible for. However, I haven't decided how to go about this.

1 comment:

Lara said...

Just go for it!