Socks!
I remember when I was first married. We went to visit our friends who were some years older. Their children were young teens at the time. We had no children. Their 13 year old daughter had been hired by a neighbor to help with laundry. They explained that the Mom had gone back to school and had four children at home. She was drowning in her laundry. So, enter Stephanie. Her Dad drove to the laundry room door and they loaded loads and loads of laundry into the pick-up and headed home to start washing, drying, ironing and folding. Kent( the dad) was sitting there in his big recliner with a large upright laundry basket---full of folded socks. Overflowing---with socks. I couldn't imagine actually having that many socks for one family!
I am now that Mom that can't fold her own socks! We have had two round baskets overflowing with socks for --well, much too long---having to dump and dig every single day to find a pair of socks. Repeat this by six people and there were constantly stray socks spread around the room.
Folding socks is at the very, very bottom of my priority list. It is far below cleaning toilets, wiping fan blades, baseboards, or digging weeds. I just do not like to fold socks.
The problem comes because no one else in my house has the capacity to look at two socks and tell if they match if they are both whitish. They fold two pair and walk away.
Today was the day. I sat on my living room floor and folded socks. And folded, and folded and folded.
Anyone want to take over this job?
2 comments:
I will come help you! I only have my own socks to fold and it's quite boring because they are all just white...lame. Hope things are going well for you and your family! Tell them "hi" for me! Love ya Rose!!
Dear Mom..
This is Ashley..
Considering that I dont even wear matching socks I dont think I should be included in the accusations. Thank you.. :D
(Thanks for doing all the rest of my laundry too)
Post a Comment