I am always saying that I am busy. However, I never really seem to get much accomplished. My dishes are always in need of attention, my counters need wiped clean-again. My toilets need scrubbed(thanks to a little five year old boy), there are Lego's on the floor, there is laundry to do(someday I am going to make everyone go around naked for an entire day so that I can have everything washed at one time!!!), homework to check, bills to pay, pictures to print and put in albums, walls to paint, closets to organize, baseboards to scrub. The list never really ever changes.
I am trying to accept that THIS IS LIFE! It seems that it totally stresses me out because I am constantly in motion but the messes and chaos are always still around. I need to get to where I know that as long as we are moving forward and we don't need an industrial sized dumpster(very often) that I am doing alright. Life is full of messes, we eat everyday, we wear clothes everyday. My little five year old boy will soon grow up and not have Lego's, shoes, coats, bears, swords and fish spread across my floor. I will always have dust and dirt that comes into my house. It is all PART OF LIFE. I need to accept that the messes that come because we are living are not because I am not doing my part. My part it to keep it to a dull roar. As long as we can walk and are trying faithfully every single day to teach our children to work and to be kind we are doing what we need to be doing.
Will someone please remind me of this when I am complaining again?
No comments:
Post a Comment