Thursday, June 24, 2010

Waterfall Canyon

In our church we have what we call Family Home Evening which is usually held on Monday evenings. We focus on family. We play games, do yard work, give service, have gospel lessons and just try to spend time together as a family.









(this boy is part billy-goat! He would have kept

going until we needed rescue workers to get

him down!)


(dad and his boy-right together

the entire time!)



(hot and tired 5 year old at the end of the hike, he didn't complain a bit)


This past Monday we decided to hike Waterfall Canyon. I had never hiked this trail. It took longer than I thought it would. It wasn't a "difficult" hike but it wasn't an easy one either. It was rather steep and the first 3/4 mile was very hot(no shade). Once we got into the canyon it was so beautiful. All of my children(minus A) did so well, they just kept moving with hardly any complaints. Once we got to the waterfall it was breathtaking! The water was gushing! Later in the season it will become a trickle.


While on the hike we ran into a few "kids" from Dad's singles ward. The wards have been realigned now but they were with their "FHE" group having family night! Even after seven months it seems like yesterday we were working with these great young adults.


On the way down MissE started to get a headache. She was a trooper and made it all the way down. We went for ice cream and then just as we pulled in the garage she got sick. Poor thing-she threw up a few times and didn't get to go to Camp Kiesel with the Achievement Day girls the next day.


Just a reminder, if I ever decide to become a hiker, remind me-don't wear levi capri's. They don't bend and they don't breathe!

1 comment:

Crystal Farish said...

Oh man, I so want to do this hike. I need directions when I come out next year!!! I'm in town this week for a wedding -- which is tomorrow and Saturday. Next time I'm here, we for sure have to go to lunch!!!! I would love that! Thanks for the invite!

x0

Crystal