I don't mean to be but sometimes I am a wallower or a pessimist. I don't believe I have always been or that most people that know me would think I am a horribly depressed person. However, I often feel it.
The last two years have been really hard in some parts of my life. Situations that can't be discussed but are ever present and often all encompassing.
I read a blog post yesterday from Seven Cherubs, a mother of seven from Australia. She did a project during the month of May that consisted of writing one sentence a day about how something brought her happiness. I thought that it was a wonderful idea!
So, I'm going to make a little list of things that have brought me joy and happiness recently. I think that I am going to start now with the month of June and try and write something every single day!
*My beautiful flowers are blooming!
*Mitch sprayed off my dirty front porch!
*Summer air has arrived, and with it eating and sitting on the porch.
*We got to Lake Powell safely-due to Dave listening to the still small voice and then obeying the prompting.
*Justin still likes to cuddle and is still so young and sweet.
*I got to visit the Ocean recently, and better yet with my sweetie!
*The sounds of summer:children playing, crickets, even the distant lawn mower!
*Little boys playing all kinds of games. Really playing and pretending!
I hope that I can actually be more aware of the joy in my life. It is there surrounded by the mounds of laundry and attitudes that often overtake everything else. Looking for the joy, the Tender Mercy's , being present when the happiness happens, that is what I want!
1 comment:
Such beautiful happy moments! I believe what we focus on we create more of, so I think you'll find loads of happiness in June. Elisa x
Post a Comment