Saturday, June 21, 2008

Same thing different day

Last week I wrote about consistency. How did I do with this? On a scale of 1-10--10 being good. Probably about a 4! That is just not good enough!
Summer has really started (finally). The weather has been wonderful. This has made the children forget that they all still have responsibilities. I am not sure what I am going to do to remedy this problem but I have to do something. I have to have more control in my house! I hate the messes.
Will this ever change? This is something that really makes me crazy. I HATE constantly hollering at my kids to do the same things---again. It makes me old and ugly. I understand why women age so much worse than men. WE are the mother's.

I have heard of people actually picking up their children's things that are not properly put away and putting them into a garbage sack. I am considering this. I truly don't know if this would affect them one bit.

So in the spirit of Smart Habits Saturday I will continue to do the same thing again, and again and again. Try and teach my children to put their things away and help in this house. After 15 years of parenthood I am beginning to lose hope that anything will ever change. I try but I feel as if truly, I am the only one that cares at all. We could live in a complete sty and they wouldn't care. They would just think that I wasn't doing MY job.

Wish my luck. I need it. Maybe a few prayers would help also!

Check out the Lazy Organizer for more Smart Habits Saturday.

2 comments:

Lara said...

I get sick of saying the same things over and over again too. There are two places that my son thinks his things belong, the kitchen island and the counter by the front door. For this last week I have been charging him 25 cents for everything I find there. It's working! Money is the only thing that gets to him.

Maybe you need to do a clean sweep of your kids' rooms like I did in my sons. It felt so good! Maybe they'll thank you for it too.

Jen Stewart said...

"Same thing different day!" Uuuuug! that is so true! I feel the same, I set and reset the same goals al the time. I guess the challenge is to keep getting back on the 'horse', right? Good Luck!