Spark! was this past weekend. It was magical. The venue could not have been more quaint or perfect. It was held at This is the Place Historical Village. Which depicts life in Salt Lake City in the late 1800's.
The littlest details were thought about. From the trees to the lamp posts to the bows on our lunch. Music wafting through the air as we walked to the different buildings. Every little detail just created a feeling of belonging.

(images by Wynonna Robinson)
My dearest friend in the entire world got to share this experience with me. It was so much fun. We are so good together because there is no pressure. She wasn't interested in all the same things I was. That was okay, we just did our thing and found each other again in a minute.
We attended make and takes with different artists and learned a few things that we had never done before. We attended workshops that that were all totally different. We had a fabric workshop, jewelery, a creative art journal workshop and a photography workshop. They were all so different that it just made me want to learn and learn.

Jefra Starr taught the photography class. Which was actually a very conceptual class. The main thing that I learned from her class was to lighten up! Sometimes the best pictures are NOT the best pictures. They don't have to be out of a $4000 dollar camera. I have always believed this. The camera doesn't make the photographer. Trying to see the real picture, getting the feeling that you want to portray.

Jefra Starr taught the photography class. Which was actually a very conceptual class. The main thing that I learned from her class was to lighten up! Sometimes the best pictures are NOT the best pictures. They don't have to be out of a $4000 dollar camera. I have always believed this. The camera doesn't make the photographer. Trying to see the real picture, getting the feeling that you want to portray.
Jeffra took these pictures of Tina and I and I just love them.

As I have been trying to absorb what I got out of this experience I would have to say that I was motivated. I was reminded of my light. I was reminded that I am a creative person. I love people. I love to touch pretty buttons, fabric and learn new things. I love to make new friends. I love to connect with people. I love to learn about people and their story. Everyone has a story.

As I have been trying to absorb what I got out of this experience I would have to say that I was motivated. I was reminded of my light. I was reminded that I am a creative person. I love people. I love to touch pretty buttons, fabric and learn new things. I love to make new friends. I love to connect with people. I love to learn about people and their story. Everyone has a story.
Spark helped me remember who I am.


(photo by Wynonna Robinson)
Now I want to help other people remember who they are. I want to help other people find their light. I want to help other people relight their spark. We all have one.
(photo by Wynonna Robinson)Now I want to help other people remember who they are. I want to help other people find their light. I want to help other people relight their spark. We all have one.
We just have to remember.
(edited: if any of you want to purchase the "Rosie Hat" they are now for sale. Just check out the rest of my blog for details or email me for details. Teen /adult hats $28 plus $3 shipping--childrens $18 babies $14)
edited Jan. 2010--I wrote about feelings before Spark! read the post here-
(edited: if any of you want to purchase the "Rosie Hat" they are now for sale. Just check out the rest of my blog for details or email me for details. Teen /adult hats $28 plus $3 shipping--childrens $18 babies $14)
edited Jan. 2010--I wrote about feelings before Spark! read the post here-
Here are my feelings about how my Spark was lit after Spark---read here--I am imperfectly perfect!
4 comments:
Find mine!
how beautiful, Rosie...
agreed.
Remembering is so important.
Keep your Spark alive, sister!
hugs!
xox
R
It sounds like you had a great time. Don't forget I want photography tips!
great post, rosie. right now i'm working on my shirt that i didn't finish. i am so happy to have so many unfinished projects to keep me sparky for a while.
Post a Comment