This coming Thursday is Thanksgiving. THANKSGIVING---already?! With this realization I have been thinking beyond that to Christmas. I have really been pondering how to bring the True Spirit of Christmas into our home. I work and worry about this every year. I think that we have done okay at it.
I want more. I want to really feel love, kindness, service and joy. I want my children to do some things that they will remember forever. I want experiences for my family.
What are those experiences that will bring a change upon us?
We have helped gather food for the food banks before, valuable--very, but I think that a basket of food taken somewhere doesn't really hit their hearts.
I have never helped at a shelter. I wonder if we are ready for that. What type of service could we provide. Hats, gloves?
We have many widows in our neighborhood. I know that they are terribly lonely, and it is so much harder during the holidays. What are some ways that we could truly serve these people?
How can we serve each other inside our own home? I struggle daily with this. I serve constantly, I am the Mom. Mr. Sugar Daddy serves, he is the Daddy. What about the children? I want them to be able to step outside of their own little world that revolve around them and look around. What could be done to serve? How do I go about helping to instill this?
These are the thoughts that have been flooding my mind. Now to get them from my mind to paper to fruition.
No comments:
Post a Comment