Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful hands 2009


















For the last approximately 10 years we have had one traditional November Family Home Evening activity. Last year it slipped---I knew that I couldn't let that happen again.



The Thankful Turkey Hands

We have had the kids trace their hand and then write the things that they are thankful for. My two older kids are starting to bawk at this tradition, hence it not happening last year. They started to complain and I told them that they would do it because it wasn't fair to the Little man to stop a tradition just because they are getting older---he deserved to have the tradition as well. I then told them that I have saved every single year and some day they will enjoy going back and comparing the things that they wrote. MissA was surprised at this. I told her that hers will probably be the funniest to look at in five to ten years!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Soooo glad you made it happen again! Simple and precious. LOVE that Miss A mentioned yarn and "crochaining". Sweet!

PhotoMom said...

Actually that comment was from Ethan's mom! Didn't know he was signed in.