Junior Prom 2010
Beautiful MissA had her junior prom this past Saturday. In our town this is a BIG DEAL! They make sure that every girl has a date and they make it a very special night.
A went with her friend S and they doubled with A's bff.
I didn't realize just how big of a deal it was until we went to the school for the Promenade. They had the stage decorated like a castle and they presented each junior and their escort, said their names and their parents names.
After the Promenade everyone was in the commons area hugging and taking pictures, much like a graduation. It was really a surreal experience. Here are all these beautiful girls and handsome young men--they were our children! It doesn't seem like it has been long enough since they were tiny little babies.
After the picture taking fest the parents were invited to the dance for the "first dance". We didn't know what it really was but were told we really needed to go. So we did. The first dance of the Prom was dedicated to the parents. The Dad's danced with their beautiful daughters and the Mom's with their sons. The song that played was the country song Stealing Cinderella.
As I watched my sweet husband dance with my beautiful growing up daughter I was very teary eyed. I am so glad that we got to have that special moment.
Where I grew up the Prom was just another dance. It wasn't a big deal. I have always thought that too much of a deal was made of it here. I now think differently. I do think that the expense is nuts, however, as I watched all these beautiful girls in their princess dresses cross the stage and then dance with their Daddies--I knew that this was a really special night. One that these girls will treasure in their hearts forever. In this life we only get to be the Princess once or twice if we are lucky. I am glad that our little Princess got to enjoy it.
3 comments:
You are right - she is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so glad she (and you) had a good experience. I am sure you will both remember this forever!
Very sweet. My guy wouldn't go, "a waste of money," he said. I hope he's goes to his senior ball next year. He doesn't realize the memories he's missing.
Post a Comment