Sunday, March 28, 2010



Tonight has been one of those nights that I could not have imagined in 1997. At that time I had two children. A was four and M was almost one. What I worried about was choking hazards, eating and sleeping patterns and just enjoying little tiny pudgy fingers.
Move that forward thirteen years. We have returned from the girls session of a very serious discussion about the consequences of sex. D and M are now at the boys session of the same discussion with our Bishop. It was eye opening and disturbing. It was information that needs to be shared. It was blunt but not vulgar. It was pointed and direct. It was a DVD of a discussion of a counselor/speaker talking about the realities and the consequences of choices that are being made. Choices that have consequences for a lifetime. Life and death consequences.
I came home and started sorting some more pictures. I came across these two. M was not quite one. After the frank and quite disturbing information we had learned tonight these pictures made me cry. Truth be told if I actually really knew and understood that these little people would have to grow up and deal with all the stuff they have to---I probably wouldn't have had children. It is just so difficult.

No comments: