Justin was so excited for Christmas Eve. He asked at least five times every single day for a week if we could open a present on Christmas eve. They know the drill that they will get new jammies for Christmas Eve. It still doesn't seem to dampen the excitement!
This is the second year that we have opened sibling gifts on Christmas Eve. I am not sure if I like that or not. The jury is still out. None the less, Justin was over the moon with his Yoda that Emily got him! He had seen it in an add and we lucked out and found him!
Justin wasn't the only one present on Christmas Eve but he was the only one pictured! We had had a lovely dinner of soup and rolls with Grandma and Grandpa Carrigan joining us. Next year, however, I am going to try and have a larger get together. We totally forgot to read the story of Christ's birth out of the scriptures. I want my children to remember joyous celebrations! We must start them if they are to remember them!!
Justin reminded us to put out treats for Santa, and the reindeer. We put out Daddy's traditional Scottish shortbread, a popcorn ball and some milk--and some diet coke--just in case he was sick of milk!
After all the kids were in bed I set up the tripod trying to get a good picture of our darling tree. I love to just sit in the glow of the Christmas tree and reflect of the Savior's birth. We are all so blessed by His love and sacrifice. I wish that I was more capable of understanding the fullness of the gifts He has given us.
No comments:
Post a Comment