Thursday, January 19, 2012

Word of the year

This is my 1002 post! Ok that is a lot of chaos!

We are just plugging away. It is hard to believe that it is already January 19th. The month just keeps flying past.

I have long held that hope that I would make some goals or resolutions that will really impact my life. I have had goals that I have accomplished in my life. I have also had many goals that were much more "thoughts" than actual goals that I set out a plan to accomplish.

For Family Home Evening the last two weeks we have talked about goals. We talked about how just saying them doesn't make them happen. So, I have been thinking myself-what do I want to accomplish, why do I want to accomplish them and How am I going to accomplish them?

All these things make me think. What are goals that are really of value? Is it of value if it only affects me personally? Why don't I do the things that I know I could do? What are my excuses? Why do I let those excuses win?

Many people are familiar with Ali Edwards and her One Little Word campaign that she has done for years. I have had words in my mind for the last few years. However, I have had those words much like I have had many goals, in my mind. I have decided that I have to actually be a finisher
instead of just a starter. I know I have talked about this before.

This year I have a word. I struggle with choosing a word. "Will it sound stupid? Will I stick with it? Will it pigeon hole me?" I have decided that I am too much of a worrier!!

So--I decided that my word this year is REACH.

I want to be able to Reach my goals.
Reach people
Reach deep inside myself.

I hope that this word will help propel me to action. I am a terrible procrastinator. I want to be propelled to reach inside and do the things that I know I can do with a bit of effort.

REACH --- welcome to my world!

No comments: