Monday, January 08, 2007

Still thinking!


My friend Lara has been encouraging us to start some new habits. The truth is I just don't want to! I feel like I am swimming in a sea of crazyness and I don't even know where to begin!


I did actually get up and make my kids a healthy breakfast and then go to the gym. I almost talked myself out of it. Then I went one step further and took my stuff to shower and get ready before I came home. If I wait and do it at home it takes me HOURS to actually get back to showering. I feel like I wasted my entire day, even if I have been busy.


While at the gym I forced myself to run 3 entire miles! I was ready to stop at 1/2 so I feel pretty good about that. I just want to get where it is easier. Does that happen?


I have decided that basically I am a really lazy person. I do not like to push myself. Comfortable is fine. Well, I just don't think that we really grow and change if we don't push ourselves out of our comfort zone, whatever that zone is. Status quo---that is not a growing place to be.


So, my new habit has to be something involving pushing myself to do things that I would normally do but just enough, not the extra that I am capable of.

1 comment:

Lara said...

I can't believe you are running three miles! I am so out of shape! I need to come run with you so you will push me. I think I would die if I ran three miles now even though I was doing three before I got that sinus infection last fall.

Pick an easy habit like I did. I needed something I could accomplish and that would make me feel good about myself!