Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest. Well, that is unless your husband is the Bishop of a Young Single Adult ward(18-30yrs old, LDS church congregation)! My little ones are young enough that they need to go to our own ward so that is three hours in the morning. I then drop the kids off(thank goodness some of them are a bit bigger!) and drive to Ogden and go to three more hours of meetings.
It sounds awful but really except that it is 6 hours it is actually really wonderful. Today a young man spoke and I just kept thinking about how his countenance radiated the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is just a really great guy and his spirit was so strong. I just want to find some cute gal that realizes how strong and valiant this young man is!
I am going to go and write down my blessings- I will share one. The closing hymn was Families are Forever. The couselors left the stand to go to the doors, the first counselor looked at his wife while we were singing the song and I could just feel the love that these two have for each other and for their family. I looked at his wife and she was crying because she felt it also! I was honored to have witnessed such a loving moment. (married 30+, 6 children, grandchildren). A blessing indeed!
No comments:
Post a Comment