Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Welcome 2007

2007! Wow! It is strange to say, it sounds so futuristic. I sent my babies back to school today and the little baby is still sleeping. Not sure if he is just worn out from all the playing or if he is under the weather. I chose to let him sleep.

We need to get back into a routine. I love having time off with the kids, they need it. However, our routine gets shot to pieces. I am not that great at routines anyway so to have none starts to wear on me.

What does a New Year mean to you? I like the feeling that we get to have a new slate. We can start again with things we want to try, things we want to improve upon. I have never been one to sit down and make a list of resolutions. However, I do think that it is good to think of things that i would like to work on. Goals are so powerful, most of us do not use them to their advantage. If we are working towards a positive goal we are improving. Isn't that the point of this life? Improving daily. I had an interview once with a wise man, I was struggling with my role of mother. He told me that we keep going. We try to be better today than yesterday, better tomorrow than today. We keep trying. Isn't that what is so exciting about a New Year? WE get license to really think about what we are going to work on.

I am trying to really think about some goals that I want to work on. I know that the same ones are always there. Work on my spirituality, read my scriptures more, be more patient. These are standard goals. However, I know that to truly make much of a difference I have to actually set a program to establish those goals. How am I going to meet these goals?

I also want to continue my exercise program. I actually ran 3 miles last Saturday! I didn't even die! I want to be able to run a 3K and then move on. I am not sure why I have decided that I want to run. I don't think that I really love it yet--just going with it. I do feel like it was the change that I needed in my exercise program. Anyone want to run with me? My sweet hubby bought me an ipod so now I can listen to music and also conference talks. A rolled her eyes when I told her I had almost 8 hours of talks on my player! Now to get those shoes on and get moving!

What are your goals for this 2007?

No comments: