Sunday, March 16, 2008

Dance Competition









My girls are dancers.

They go to dance class every week. Miss A has taken dance since she was five years old she is now almost fifteen. That is a lot of dance lessons! Miss E has taken for three years.

This weekend was a dance (clogging) competition in
Pocatello Idaho. Miss A had to compete Friday night and E Saturday afternoon. So, we picked all the kids up from school and drove the two hours. She danced(very well) and then we slept in the parking lot.(in our motorhome)

These are some pictures of the event. What usually happens is a whole bunch of "Hurry up and Wait!" We were given incorrect times so, we were an hour early, which is actually one hour before competition time. Well, the stage was running an hour behind! So, do the math, we sat around for three hours!
This is one of the experiences we give our children that we wonder if it is really worth it in the long run. Obviously I have decided that it is or we wouldn't still be doing it ten years later!

2 comments:

Crissybug said...

I only took a few years of dance when I was young. I can't wait to put my little Sydney in dance. Your girls look great. Looks like it was a fun trip.

Ginny said...

I have 2 dancers myself. My 10 year old is on her 7th year & my 6 year old on her 4th. My 10 year old just started competing this year & had comps last weekend & the one before. I love having them in dance. I'm not so sure on the competitions though. They are a bit of a pain. That is nice, you have somewhere to sleep overnight! Congrats to your girls!