
I went to the foot Dr. again. My pain (plantar fasciitis) is almost gone, but there is still a strange awareness of it. So he did another set of cortisone injections into my heel area. The cyst is looking much better. It was about 30% smaller than two weeks ago, it is also solidifying (that is good). Hopefully this will be the end of this problem with my foot.
For those of you that are thinking of beginning an exercise program. Know that stretching your feet is very important. This type of injury is VERY common. Stretch the foot by sitting with your leg outstretched, then pull your big toe gently back towards your leg until you feel the stretch in the bottom of your foot and up your calf muscle. Many foot problems happen because of tight calf muscles! You have to manually pull the foot with your hand, not just move your foot using your ankle, the stretch is not the same.
Stretch so that you don't ever get plantar fasciitis!
Check out others for more ideas for Talk about Tuesday with the Lazy Organizer.
5 comments:
good tip! I'm glad that your foot is healing
I hurt my ankle last year due to not stretching properly, so I'm with ya. I'm doing the B of M challenge too, though I'm way behind where I should be! Good work!
Thanks for the tip! We recently got a gym membership, so I have been working out more lately. I'll have to make sure I do this!
Ok, I will!!! So glad your foot is feeling better.
I'm so excited to start running again. I can't wait!
I'm glad you're getting better!
Post a Comment