A few of you know that I have been dealing with a foot problem. It is called plantar fasciitis. It is actually fairly common. I have been working with a Dr. for about five weeks. I know for sure that I have had the problem since last fall. The Dr. had recommended a night brace or "boot" to keep the ligament stetched while I sleep. Well, today was my appointment. After doing the exam the Dr. felt that I would benefit from cortisone shots directly into the fascii. He used an ultrasound machine to pinpoint exactly where to put the needles.
An average person with plantar fasciitis has a measurement of about 2 mm. Mine was between 6-9 mm! That is bad. The Dr. said "no wonder you have foot pain!" Then he found a cyst!
Have any of you ever had a shot in the mouth or a numbing shot on a finger or toe? Well, that is what these shots felt like. The shot that had to go into the cyst was the worst. I hollered at that one. I knew I had to hold still but it felt like I was going to heave.
Now that you know more about my foot than you ever wanted I will stop. Let's hope that this helps. More than 60% of people respond with these injections 100%. I hope that I am one of them! Wish me luck!
2 comments:
I hope it works! Good luck!
Does the cyst have to be removed? What is that from? I sure it hope it helps. It's no fun being in pain. Good Luck
Post a Comment