
When I was a teenager and a young adult---before I had children, I knew that I would be a good mother. I had always wanted to be a teacher. I come from teachers. My Mom, Dad, Sisiter, Grandpa, Uncle--all teachers. It was just the right choice. So, I had lots of classes about children. I worked with multiple classrooms. I was a teacher's aide for many summer school sessions. Fast forward twenty or so years. I have been a mother for 15 1/2 years. I have four children ranging from 15 to 3.
I now realize that I know NOTHING!
Case in point:
My daughter is beautiful. That is a blessing. It is easier on a person when you aren't worried so much about your looks. The problem? She is beautiful. Therefore, when she was 12 she looked like she was 16. So the boys have been flocking since that time. In our LDS culture we don't date until we are 16--however, the boys still flock!
How to handle the boys. Sounds easy, she isn't 16 she can't date. Oh, yeah! That was the answer BEFORE I was a mother. There is school, school dances, etc. etc. etc. that this beautiful girl is around these flocking boys.
I just pray that she remembers all that she has been taught--
I told her last night that the most important thing that she will ever leave High School with is her own personal self respect.
Let's hope she listens to her Mom--it is one of the only things I know for sure.
I now realize that I know NOTHING!
Case in point:
My daughter is beautiful. That is a blessing. It is easier on a person when you aren't worried so much about your looks. The problem? She is beautiful. Therefore, when she was 12 she looked like she was 16. So the boys have been flocking since that time. In our LDS culture we don't date until we are 16--however, the boys still flock!
How to handle the boys. Sounds easy, she isn't 16 she can't date. Oh, yeah! That was the answer BEFORE I was a mother. There is school, school dances, etc. etc. etc. that this beautiful girl is around these flocking boys.
I just pray that she remembers all that she has been taught--
I told her last night that the most important thing that she will ever leave High School with is her own personal self respect.
Let's hope she listens to her Mom--it is one of the only things I know for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment