We are all plugging along. #2 is still in football, we have piano for #2 and #3. Preschool for me and #4 four times a week and also cub scouts for me. #1 and #3 have dance. #1 has all the things that HS students have. Sweetness (hubby) is still a Bishop(LDS) so that means he is going and going and going.(he is tired, he needs a vacation more than I do) School, homework, dishes, laundry, housework, cooking, etc. It is a whirlwind of activity all the time.
I often think about how busy we are. Why? I try to not over schedule my children. The problem that I have found is that with FOUR children it gets busy if they are involved in anything! So, I just suck it up and try. Some months(years) I do better than others. Last week was not such a good week. Combine a new eating/exercise program with the full moon(read-- middle of cycle crabbiness) and me teaching preschool.
This week is better! It is Tuesday and I feel good about my eating/exercising. I went TWICE to workout yesterday! One at FIVE AM!!!! That is like a miracle! I am so not a morning person! I then went in the evening to a cycle class. I was to weigh myself last night--I was nervous because I had weighed in the morning. I was down 2 pounds. Which really is good. I just wanted it to be more. So, I get on the scale after the class---I was down FIVE pounds! I am thrilled!
Today I got up and went to the gym again at 5:00 am with #1. She wanted to go, I was so proud of her! Tonight I went and worked out again. Sweetness thinks that I am crazy. I am trying to rev up my metabolism after so much inactivity. I have been icing my foot and it seems to be about the same pain level as when I have only been doing 1/2 as much or less exercise. I hope that the new inserts that I am getting tomorrow will help immensely.(I have only been waiting for them since the first week in July!)
Preschool went so well today! The morning class is my hardest class. The few with attention focus problems were so much better today. Perhaps it is just me getting used to how they work so that I can work with them better. I still don't know if I will teach again next year. It is just too soon to know. However, after today I felt much better than last week.
So, I am trying to remember to focus and prioritize. I had a great opportunity given to me for a new business. I had to really think about this. It is the type of thing that I would love, and probably be good at. However, I decided that now is not the time. I can not commit myself to anything else. How good am I if I am stretched so thin that I am only glossing over every single thing and person in my life? It was hard to decide this. However, I feel good with my decision. Other opportunities will come in my life.
Good, Better, Best----There are so many good things in life. Do I want to have lots and lots of good or do I want to be a bit more selective and have more best in my life? I am trying to find that balance.
No comments:
Post a Comment