I have been reading a new book. I purchased it at my weekend away. It is called Dump the Guilt and Find the Joy. by Merrilee Boyack. I am enjoying it so much.
I am often heard telling my children that "just because you think it doesn't mean you have to say it!" I believe this. Our human brains are often thinking things that are not necessarily things that need to be said. I heard an acronym awhile back K-T-N. It goes like this. If it is not KIND, TRUE or NECESSARY think before it is said. Well, in this newest book Merrilee quotes a few of our Prophets. She summarizes them and basically says that we as women are often very hard on each other. Even if it is only in our minds! She goes on to talk about how different we would feel about ourselves and our situation if we would constantly think "she is doing the best she can."
I have often told my husband that I want to get to the point that I don't think the mean thoughts. I want to not have them cross my mind. I want to look at other people and see their true self, the soul. The person that doesn't talk too much, the person that isn't always dressed well, the person that IS dressed well! The overweight person, etc. etc. etc. I want to look at a person and not instantly see all of these frailties of this life. I want to see THEM. I want to have CHARITY. I want to look at a person and just know that they are struggling like I am and the Lord loves them every bit as much as he does me.
We are all doing the best we can. If we know inside that we aren't---take President Gordon B. Hinkley's advice. "Try a little harder to be a little better every day!"
1 comment:
Hey, Happy Birthday!! Did you have a great day? What did you do? I hope you slept in. Don't get discouraged. Have you thought about biking? That would be easier on your foot. I'm looking into that.
Post a Comment