Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day of School 2009

The First Day of School!
I think that MissE was by far the most excited about going back to school. She put all her things together, laid them on the floor, including cute earrings, the night before. She got up and was ready to go. The very first thing she said when she got off the bus was that she LOVED HER TEACHER. "She is the best teacher in the whole world." MissA had this same teacher so I too was thrilled when we found out E got her. Hopefully, this is a good sign of a great school year.
While I was waiting for the bus I noticed my apple tree. My poor lovely, neglected apple tree. The apples are ripening up beautifully. With a few more really cold nights, they will be ready to pick.
That certainly is a sign of fall.

Guess who came out to play today? Miss Ruby!!! I haven't used her even once since school got out! She came out to make chocolate chip cookies for when the kiddies got home from school. It was a nice feeling to be able to slow down for a moment and make something instead of trying to just keep up with the whirlwind!


I hope that Miss Ruby and I can become better friends, Whole Wheat bread is next on the agenda--or really yummy cinnamon rolls!!



3 comments:

mia veronica said...

I used to love the first day of school! How fun! I bet your wheat bread will be great because when it comes to cinnamon rolls you are the queen!

PhotoMom said...

I am so glad you were able to reconnect with your dear Ruby. I'll be the cookies were nummy! Just what the kiddos need after their first day.

mia veronica said...

School starts again on Monday and I am going to be crazy busy:) Marcela and Gabby took our pictures in Morgan, they do a great job.