Monday, August 03, 2009

August






August 3rd! It is a strange feeling to hear August. The word August means the end of summer, the beginning of school-fall is on the way.

I don't think that I am ready for August.

Perhaps if we lived where school starts after Labor day then I would be more content. In this climate August is the most perfect summer month. Yes it is hot, but it isn't cold! The flowers are lovely, the light is different, more glowing in August. I could use eight weeks of August.

The reality, however, is that August does signal the beginning of our school year. Kids are anxious to get a new outfit, a backpack etc. We begin football practice-which is four nights a week. First game is the third week of August.

I would like to push a pause button-so I could sit and enjoy the changing light and my lovely flowers a bit longer.

No comments: