It is already Wednesday. My kiddos have been in school for an entire week. It is amazing how quickly the rhythm that seems to be lacking in the summer is quickly put back into place. I like the rhythm. It seems to bring much more calmness to my life.
I am really trying to get back into the habit of going to the gym. I have been running all summer but I feel like my body needs more cross-training(that sounds important). I went to yoga today. Let me repeat YOGA. Me, I went to yoga! I have been a total of about four times in my entire life. I don't completely "get" yoga yet. It seems like a silly way to use a precious hour of exercise time. How can standing in strange poses with stranger names help your body?
Today I found out how.
*Yoga is hard.
*My body is rigid
*I was sweating and breathing hard within a few minutes
*When class started I could NOT touch my toes
*When class was over I COULD touch my toes
*I have had a really sore upper thigh muscle-it feels so much better
*I feel amazingly calmer
So, I will continue yoga. Maybe someday I can twist like a pretzel and hold my entire body with one hand. For today I will try not to eat pretzels!
1 comment:
I used to go to a Yoga class twice a week on Tues, & Thurs. I absolutely love it. It is amazing how something that seems so simple, can be so hard. For me, I just love how relaxed I felt when I left. And if I worked out hard the day before...the different positions and stretches really helped my muscles. Yay for Yoga!
Post a Comment