Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday-restart

It is Monday---and today it feels like a good one! Of course, I am behind on laundry but it doesn't feel like a tidal wave of dirty towels that is going to suck me into its wave at any time. It is a normal wave-feels much more manageable than it has for quite awhile!

I read an interesting concept last night. Not an entirely new one but it touched a chord this time. Writing 100 things/goals that I want to do or accomplish before I die. If you have seen The Bucket List you get the concept. I have never done this. I have been a goal setter but unfortunately I am a mind goal setter instead of putting it on the paper. I am tending to agree with others that by putting it on paper makes it much more doable. So---I am going to start my list!

Another concept that interests me is a personal mission statement. I am still learning about this one. However, I think that it is a great idea. Company's, Church's etc. all have mission statements. Why not have a personal one? Also, what about a family mission statement? Family goals, motto's etc. I know that there are people that have been doing this for years. Well, I am just figuring this out for my family and myself now. I have a feeling that it is going to be a wonderful thing---once I can get past the indifference of my older children!

1 comment:

Lara said...

Writing things down does tend to produce miracles. I have always had trouble with mission statements. They all sound too serious and boring and meaningless to me. Maybe if I could come with a poem or simply a list of words I would like it better.