Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Signs of Fall


It has happened. Fall is here! Yesterday was our first "soup day." It was cold and rainy and it just felt like a day for a hot bowl of soup. When that begins to happen Fall is here.
While preparing the soup I decided that since Fall was here I should decorate. So-out came the pumpkin. I made this years ago and I have hung it up ever since. It will be there until I put up something for Christmas.
While looking out my kitchen window for the last 8 years---exactly-(we moved into this house on September 15, 2001 ) I have noticed one tree in a grove. It is my indicator of Fall. Well, today I noticed it. The changing of color. This tree is the very first tree that really show its color. It is also the first one to lose it.
When that tree starts to go red I know that summer is officially gone and Autumn is here.

No comments: