It is 9:00 a.m. on Friday. It is yoga day. Where am I? Here at the computer in my gym clothes. Why? Because my precious little guy just doesn't want to wake up. I tried gently awhile ago and looked at him and decided to let him sleep. He was laying there with both hands up to his cheek looking just like a little angel. I had to take a mental picture and burn it in my heart because he is growing so fast.
He will be five in a few weeks. FIVE YEARS OLD! How did that happen? He has already started to become big. Unfortunately, he has heard older children use the sarcastic term "whatever"
much too often and he has begun to use it. Of course, I am trying to teach him
not to but it is difficult. He has also just recently started to try and get away without buckling his seat belt. All of these types of behaviors are because he is getting bigger and spreading his wings. For me, however, it is the beginning of the end. The end of his babyhood. The end of me being the mother of a little one. This little guy is my last baby. He is my bumper baby, my extra bonus. We didn't expect to be blessed with my last two children. We are so glad that this little boy came along. He has brought so much joy.
There is a larger space between the Little Man and MissE than there was between the others(although there is a big space between all of them-3 1/2 years). Because of this space there has been a definite difference. My oldest was 11 years old when he was born. She has loved this little guy so intensely. I believe because she was older she has been privileged to experience some special bonding that I don't think happens when children are very close in age. There has never been any competition between them, only love.

This little guy is still very willing to give hugs and kisses, or "huggles" as we like to call them. He still snuggles on our laps and still tells us he loves us whenever we need some attention. He still wakes up in the morning with that smell, that smell that just makes you want to hug and hold them. I think that it must be something that makes us feel closer to heaven. Just like when they were newborns. For some, this wears off early, others seem to hold onto it a bit longer. I am grateful that this little guy has been able to keep it. It helps keep this Momma a bit more grateful for the blessing of these beautiful little ones that I have been loaned for awhile.
Yoga can wait.
He will be five in a few weeks. FIVE YEARS OLD! How did that happen? He has already started to become big. Unfortunately, he has heard older children use the sarcastic term "whatever"
not to but it is difficult. He has also just recently started to try and get away without buckling his seat belt. All of these types of behaviors are because he is getting bigger and spreading his wings. For me, however, it is the beginning of the end. The end of his babyhood. The end of me being the mother of a little one. This little guy is my last baby. He is my bumper baby, my extra bonus. We didn't expect to be blessed with my last two children. We are so glad that this little boy came along. He has brought so much joy.There is a larger space between the Little Man and MissE than there was between the others(although there is a big space between all of them-3 1/2 years). Because of this space there has been a definite difference. My oldest was 11 years old when he was born. She has loved this little guy so intensely. I believe because she was older she has been privileged to experience some special bonding that I don't think happens when children are very close in age. There has never been any competition between them, only love.

This little guy is still very willing to give hugs and kisses, or "huggles" as we like to call them. He still snuggles on our laps and still tells us he loves us whenever we need some attention. He still wakes up in the morning with that smell, that smell that just makes you want to hug and hold them. I think that it must be something that makes us feel closer to heaven. Just like when they were newborns. For some, this wears off early, others seem to hold onto it a bit longer. I am grateful that this little guy has been able to keep it. It helps keep this Momma a bit more grateful for the blessing of these beautiful little ones that I have been loaned for awhile.
Yoga can wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment